Hello

My photo
Su Trindle is a British designer and maker of sculptural modern silver and resin jewellery. My favourite place to be is my small workshop in my garden. I work alone, singing along to the radio striving to create beautiful well-designed, contemporary jewellery and make a living at it. This last is important, not just to my creativity and ego but to help feed by boys and the dog.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Hoops

It's spring and a woman's fancy turns to thoughts of .....hoops.
Well, OK, mine do.
I've been working on a few new designs to go with all those gorgeous fresh spring wardrobe colours. Something to lift your spirits in the morning.
Cast resin forms these clean-lined "C" hoops curving around hand-forged sterling silver horseshoe shaped stud earrings.
Similar in style but altogether more sinuous, these purple hoops are a great dramatic colour .
The resin has a soft satin finish and fascinating inclusions created by flecks of undisolved pigment.
Finally, taurus hoops which came from a commission to make my avatar rings into earrings.
What a brilliant idea!
They've been qiute a technical challenge, which I relished and I am delighted with the result.
A modern, sculptural and very wearable pair hoops.
So, have I persuaded you to come over to the hoopy side?

3 comments:

  1. i love both styles but especially the taurus hoops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've totally persuaded me. I love that they are studs, I always worry with hoops that they wouldnt come off if you yank them. The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete