|Lavender outside my workshop|
Lavender bushes outside mingled with the evocative smell of my freshly oiled rolling mill, the sweet acid of the pickle I clean my work with and warm dusty wood of my workbench.
Sight - Colour has always been vital to my work. I love the subtle tones of contrasting metals from the soft sheen of silver to the industrial grey of titanium. Then there's the rainbow colours of resin or acrylic and in my latest work, pictured here, a touch of bright linen thread
|oxidised silver chain with linen thread|
Touch - The best way to tell if a piece is finished? Close your eyes and run your fingertips over it. The slightest bump from the solder join on the smooth inner curve of a bangle will tell you - back to the filing.
Taste - Hmm, I don't like working with copper much because the smell "tastes" really strange to me.
|resin and paper earrings|
The inspiration for my meanderings is the August etsymetal team blog carnival. Read all about their senses here:
1. Beth Cyr - http://bcyrjewelry.blogspot.com
2. 2Roses http://www.jewelrytutorial.blogspot.com
3. Victoria Takahashi - http://vtakahashi.blogspot.com/
4. Cynthia Del Giudice - http://cynthiadelgiudice.blogspot.com
5. Rebecca bogan - http://AdobeSol.wordpress.com
6. Lou Hunter- http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com
7. Inbar Bareket - http://inbarbareket.info/blog
8. Abella Blue - http://www.abellablue.com/blog
9 Quercus Silver - http://quercussilver.blogspot.co.uk/