Is sharing good ?

Confession time A desire for"Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes" was my real motive for becoming a jeweller. I love making rings and I like to share the process with my clients . However, it suddenly occurs to me that they may have serious doubts about my "skills" when I send them pictures like the one on the left. I remember, with horror, the first time I annealed a piece of metal and it went all black, I thought I'd ruined it! What must my customers think? I blanch when I imagine my lovely client holding her breath in anticipation of the next set of pictures. Then these arrive and her heart sinks. Sloppy resin all over the bench, lollipop sticks and plastic pots. Whatever next? Well, it's another day or two before the resin is set and I've filed away all marks, wet and dry papered all the surfaces, polished and photographed their ring. How cruel am I? Very. I'm still finishing this ring, so you'll have to wait and see if it's worth it, too. By the way, I'm still working on the "bells for your toes" bit...................................
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular Posts